Friday, June 29, 2007

FINDER interview -- go read it!

Carla Speed McNeil talks about FINDER with Newsarama. It opens with this exchange:

NEWSARAMA: Carla, despite your popularity on the internet, there are a lot of folks to whom your work is still an unknown. Can you give us a quick overview of Finder?

CARLA SPEED McNEIL: Ouch.


It is otherwise and interesting interview with the creator of one of my favorite comics, who you don't really see the comics sites talking to that much. She's putting out a hardcover collecting SIN-EATER volumes 1 & 2 into one book this summer, digest-size for the bookstores, which I think is a great idea. I hope the copious footnotes remain -- in addition to helping me understand what the frak is going on sometimes, they're a really fun and honest insight into Carla's creative process. It's probably the footnotes on SIN-EATER Vol. 1 that brought me back for Vol. 2. If you don't read FINDER -- start!

No comments: